STOP BY ANY PARTICIPATING GOODWILL LOCATION NOW THROUGH 4/30, DROP OFF YOUR DONATION AND REGISTER TO WIN THE CHANCE TO JOIN ME (INCLUDES ALL YOU CAN EAT AND DRINK) IN A LUXURY SUITE AT THE CARDS VS DODGER GAME ON JULY 17TH! TEN WINNERS & A GUEST WILL BE SELECTED. CLICK HERE FOR OFFICIAL RULES.
WHEN YOU DONATE AND RECYCLE UNNEEDED ITEMS TO GOODWILL, THEY MAKE THEM AVAILABLE TO YOUR NEIGHBORS AT AFFORDABLE PRICES. THE REVENUE THAT THEIR 40 STORES EARN IS THEN INVESTED IN THE COMMUNITY THROUGH A VARIETY OF SERVIES INCLUDING SKILLS TRAINING COURSES AND EMPLOYMENT PROGRAMS. YOU CAN BE CONFIDENT THAT YOUR DONATION TO GOODWILL IS MAKING A DIFFERENCE TO IMPROVE THE LIFE OF SOMEONE IN YOUR COMMUNITY.
Here are the items Goodwill Accepts:
- Clothing, shoes and boots
- Computers and Cell Phones
- Hats, gloves, mittens and scarves
- Books, records, compact disks, video tapes and DVDs
- Games, toys and sports equipment
- House wares: dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, lamps, small appliances, including microwaves
- Collectibles, antiques and giftware
- Hand tools and small power tools, etc.
- Domestics: linens, curtains, blankets, etc.
- TVs, stereos, radios, VCRs, etc.
- Due to size/weight, we accept the following items at our Goodwill stores only:
- Furniture: dressers, tables, sofas bed frames (except waterbed frames)
- Other large items
Here are items they cannot accept:
- No household chemical products: pesticides, paint, paint thinner, drain cleaner, oven cleaner, aerosols and other environmentally-unfriendly waste products
- No automotive hazardous waste: tires, lead acid batteries, additives, gasoline, oils, antifreeze, etc.
- No large appliances: refrigerators, freezers, stoves/ovens, washers/dryers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, furnaces, trash compactors, water heaters, large console stereos, freon-based appliances, etc.
- No personal care items: nail polish remover, perfume, shampoo, shaving cream, hairsprays, shavers, curling irons, etc.
- No food
- No car parts or tires
- No mattresses/box springs, including water bed mattresses and waterbed frames
- No fuel powered tools
- No building materials: sinks, toilets, plumbing fixtures, carpeting/padding
- No traditional recyclables: glass, newsprint, office paper, cardboard, plastics, magazines, junk mail, etc.
- No weapons: guns, bows & arrows, ammunition, hunting knives, etc.
- No cribs, car seats, walkers or other products that do not meet the current safety standards of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, including recalled items.
Log onto Mersgoodwill.org to learn more. Their phone number is (314) 241-3464. Also, Goodwill accepts all cars whether they are running or not. They pick the car up for free and its 100% tax deductible!
Here are some of their participating locations:
ALTON – 1719 Homer Adams Pkwy, Alton, IL 62002: 618/462-8828
ARNOLD – 3616 Richardson Way, Arnold, MO 63010: 636/464-8989
BELLEVILLE – 100 Carlyle Plaza, Belleville, IL 62221: 618/234-3820
CHESTERFIELD VALLEY – 17355 Edison Avenue, Chesterfield, MO 63005: 636/537-8151
EDWARDSVILLE – 210 Junction Drive, Glen Carbon, IL 62034: 618/656-0954
FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS – 125 Commerce Lane, Fairview Heights, IL 62208: 618/398-0975
FARMINGTON – 840 Valley Creek Drive, Farmington, MO 63640: 573/760-9252
FESTUS – 20 Main Street, Festus, MO 63028: 636/933-0103
FLORISSANT SQ. – 472 North Lindbergh, Florissant, MO 63031: 314/839-8590
GRANITE CITY – 3451 NAMEOKI ROAD, GRANITE CITY, IL 62040: 618/451-8930
HARVESTER SQ. – 30 Harvester Square, St. Charles, MO 63304: 636/498-0566
O’FALLON – 815 Highway K, O’Fallon, MO 63366-2996: 636/379-4283
SOUTH COUNTY – 10570 Baptist Church Rd, St. Louis, MO 63128: 314/842-9114
ST. CHARLES – 2428 West Clay Street, St. Charles, MO 63301: 636/947-0431
SUNSET HILL – 10125 Watson Road, Sunset Hill, MO 63127: 314/965-0090
WASHINGTON – 2030 Phoenix Center, Washington, MO 63090: 636/239-5586
WOOD RIVER – 1435 Vaughn Road, Wood River, IL 62095: 618/258-7076