Everyone is still talking about this week’s CMA Awards. Here are some favorite moments from the show:
- I’m tickled to be nominated in the only category you don’t have to go on a diet to be part of. —Mac McAnally receiving Musician of the Year.
- Mamas don’t let your babies grow up to be Kanye. —hosts Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood.
- The Oscars are completely lame compared to this. —Patricia Heaton.
- Most importantly, to Country radio, you took a chance on a pop singer from Charleston, SC and God bless you for that. —Darius Rucker accepting New Artist.
- Thank you for what you’ve done for us, thank you for what you’ve done for country music. We’re honored to be in your category. —Jennifer Nettles to Brooks & Dunn as Sugarland accepted Duo.
- Every single person in that category let me open up for you this year. Thank you so much. —Taylor Swift to fellow Entertainer nominees.
- Next year we’re not going to take any opening acts out. We’re through with that. —Paisley, backstage.
- I love a challenge and now the challenge is to find that next challenge. —Swift, backstage.
- We can’t stand up on this stage and not thank our veterans for what they do. —Lady A’s Hillary Scott.