We love our goodies, don’t we? But just like Christmas, Easter can see us eating those extra calories, and worse, giving our kids more junk food they really shouldn’t have. But we don’t wanna take the fun out of Easter, so what to do? The kids searched hard for their Easter Baskets, and we don’t wanna disappoint them, but there are healthier alternatives! Check out ways to fill a fun and healthier Easter Basket from www.shine.yahoo.com:
Try these lower calorie candy alternatives, because we all know an Easter basket wouldn’t be the same without them.
- 10 Jelly Beans – around 50 calories
- 1 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup – around 90 calories
- 4 Hershey’s Kisses – 90 calories
- 3 Butterscotch hard candies – 70 calories
- Sugar-free Dubble Bubble gum – 7 calories each
Fill just a few eggs with these treats to keep the calorie and sugar crash to a minimum for everyone. Then stock the baskets with these healthier, and even more fun, alternatives that get them ready for spring!
2. Sidewalk chalk and paint
3. New flip-flops
4. Jump ropes
5. Hula Hoops
6. Footballs, soccer balls or basketballs
7. Bathing suits
9. Hand sanitizer with a belt clip
10. Hair ties
11. Lip balm or gloss
12. Toy cars
14. Coloring books and crayons
17. Temporary tattoos
18. MP3 gift cards
19. Nail polish
20. Water guns or balloons
Enjoying the Easter holiday doesn’t have to mean suffering from a sugar crash that evening. As with everything, keep the sweet treats in moderation and get creative with things outside the candy aisle.