I’m sure you’re like me and always looking for simple ways to save money. I’m always trolling around the web for ideas, and I got some from dumblittleman.com. I’ve tweaked them a bit and added some of my own insight. Here ya go!
1. Cook at home as often as you can. I know this seems like a no-brainer, but the truth is you might not realize how often you eat “out”. Even if it’s not a restaurant, driving through fast food chains is also eating out! And it adds up!
2. Make your own coffee. I know, another no-brainer, but if you’re like me…a Starbucks addict it’s a whole heckuva lot easier said than done! But I WILL say when I bought myself a pack of coffee-to-go cups from the grocery store, it was easier for me. When I make coffee and put it in one of those cups, it’s telling my mind that I went to a fancy coffee place! (okay, I know what you’re thinking! Stop it! Lol!)
3. Go Grocery Shopping When You’re In A Hurry! Yeah, it’s true! You’re more likely to get in, get what you need, and get out! Instead of slowly going down each aisle and picking up things that you don’t really need or will go bad before you actually use them!
4. Use grocery bags to line your small trash cans. I’ve been doing this for along time and it really works. And it helps the environment maybe a little because you ARE reusing them, right?
5. Try to really be aware of your bank balance, so you can avoid overdraft fees, those can really add up. I definitely talk a good life on this one, it drives my hubby CRAZY because I can never seem to balance my checkbook out right. I try, I really do! But hey, I will admit accounting has never been my strong suit!
6. If you find yourself using your cell phone all the time but your landline is drawing dust bunnies, maybe you could think about dropping the landline? Although if there are eldery or young children in the house, I’m not sure I’d opt for this. My hubby wants to drop our landline, I still can’t quite seem to let it go.
7. Remember the library? yeah, I know! I love those big book stores too! But if you’re a huge reader, books can be expensive! And if you’re looking for the newest bestseller, your local library can order it for you! I’ve done it before, and online!
8. Do regular scheduled maintenance on your car. Even a little thing like an oil change can make a big difference and can prevent a bigger and more expensive problem later on.
9. If you’re into DVD’s, online DVD rental sites are a big moneysaver.
10. You might wanna keep your distance from any lavish high roller friends you may have. It’s easy to get caught up in the action! (Unless they’re paying, of course!)
I’m going to look for more money saving tips, and when I find them, I’ll be sure to pass them on to you!