More stereotypes crushed by research! Here’s where women thump men:
1) Parking: Researchers observed 2,500 hundred drivers in 700 parking spots, and found women outscored men in 6 out of 7 categories of parking. But when asked, only one-fifth thought they were better parkers than men.
2) Handling job interview stress: Women deal with interview stress better because they’re more likely than men to turn to friends and family for support, and prepare more thoroughly for the interview than men. Men tend to ignore their anxiety.
3) Investing: Women are better investors than men because they don’t take as many foolish risks.
4) Tasting beer: Not only do women have a better sense of smell, but they have more-sensitive taste buds meaning they’re better beer critics.
5) Staying healthy: The eating healthier thing is a no-brainer. Women tend to opt for more fruits and veggies than men, but they also have a secret women that men don’t have…estrogen. Estrogen boosts the immune system leading to a stronger natural immune system.
6) Negotiating the purchase of a car. Men have a “presumed knowledge” of cars and feel that’s their edge up on a salesperson — but they’re wrong. Women have an easier time leaving the car lot without buying while guys tend to emotional buyers and pick status cars. Oh, and men buy more toys, additional features and upgrades.