… Managers provided the following examples of the most unusual excuses employees offered for arriving late to work:
• I dreamed that I was fired, so I didn’t bother to get out of bed.
• I had to take my cat to the dentist.
• I went all the way to the office and realized I was still in my pajamas and had to go home to change.
• I saw that you weren’t in the office, so I went out looking for you.
• I couldn’t find the right tie, so I had to wait for the stores to open so I could buy one.
• I ran over a goat
• I stopped for a bagel sandwich, the store was robbed and the police required everyone to stay for questioning.
• I wet my pants and went home to change.