Home » Cornbread » Important Info for YOUR Snowbusiness

Important Info for YOUR Snowbusiness

The following is information collected for you regarding warming centers and emergency numbers YOU might need:

Warming Center Locations:

-St. Vincent Community Center, 7335 St. Charles Rock Road, St. Louis, Mo. 63110

-Affton Community Center, 9801 Mackenzie Road, St. Louis, Mo. 63123

-Warming centers will be open across the county. For a complete listing, call 211

RANDOLPH COUNTY, Ill.: Officials tell us the Sparta Senior Citizen Center opened at 6 p.m. Saturday.


-Sparta Senior Center, 500 West 2nd Street, Sparta, Ill. 62286

EDWARDSVILLE, Ill: “Cold weather relief shelters” have been established at Goshen, Woodland, Cassens and Worden Schools for citizens who need shelter from the cold due to electrical service or heating system failures.

Those in need of shelter should call the Edwardsville Police Department at 65602131 or Glen Carbon Police Department at 288-2610 to make arrangements.

BUNKER HILL, Ill.: Bunker Hill City Hall, 801 South Franklin Street, Bunker Hill, Ill. 62014.


Glen Carbon Senior Center, 157 N. Main, Monday, Jan. 6 & Tuesday, Jan. 7 from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. and Glen Carbon Centennial Library, 198 S. Main, during normal operating hours ofr 9 a.m. until 8 p.m. In the event of a large-scale power outage, the following schools and fire stations will be open 24 hours a day: Glen Carbon Elementary School at 141 Birger Avenue, Casses Elementary School at 1014 Glen Crossing Road, Firestation #1 at 199 S. Main, and Firestation #2 at 430 Glen Carbon Road.

The City’s Cold Weather Overflow Shelter at 12th and Park Rec Center also remains open to provide shelter for homeless men, women and children.

Emergency numbers:

-Medical, Police, Fire, Public Safety Emergencies: 911

-Social Service assistance, warming centers, shelters: 211

-Non-emergency Police and other St. Louis City services, including road service, downed wires and trees, animal abuse or animal emergencies: 314-231-1212 [] (police non emergency) or 314-622-4800 [] (Citizens’ Service Bureau)

-St. Louis City Water Service Interruption or to report a water main break: 314-771-4880 []

-Help with utility bills: 314-241-7668 [] or

-Bus/MetroLink Issues: 314-982-1406 [] (MO) or 618-271-7879 [] (IL) or visit

-Metro Call-A-Ride: 314-652-3617 []

-AMEREN: 800-552-7583 []

-MoDOT: 1-888-ASK-MODOT or visit []

-St. Louis County Non-Emergency Police: 314-889-2341 []