Join 92.3 WIL & Hidden Valley for the inaugural “Cornbread’s Cardboard Classic,” Friday, February, 15th from 11a-1p at Hidden Valley Ski Area in Wildwood, MO! Start building your team and cardboard snow-bound contraption today for your chance to win an all-inclusive trip for 2 to Cancun/Riviera Maya at the Barcelo Maya Beach Hotel courtesy of Apple Vacations, $500 in CA$H or Hidden Valley gift cards! Participating and attending Cornbread’s Cardboard Classic is FREE! Read below for opportunities to purchase $25 lift tickets to ski on the day of the event.
All Cardboard Classic Participants will receive a Complimentary Tube Ticket to use by end of 1213 season! *Expires at the end of the 12/13 season. Participants who sign up online will receive the voucher when they check in at HV Tubing Facility the day of the event. HV will receive the official list from 92.3 WIL online registration.
$25 LIFT TICKET OFFER: The first 500 people to purchase by clicking here will receive a discount on a daily lift ticket, Day Session 1pm-10pm session (excludes rentals/lessons) to Hidden Valley Ski Area the day of the event (2/15/13). Valid for Friday, February 15th, 2013 – Day Session 1pm-10pm Only. Discount/promo tickets are online only. No discount at HV ticket window day of event. These are first come, first served lift tickets with limited tickets being sold. Lift tickets purchased thru pre-sale online will be held at Hidden Valley for pick up. Please bring identification & your order confirmation to the HV ticket windows for pick up. LIFT TICKETS ARE NON REFUNDABLE. VALID DAY OF THE 92.3 WIL EVENT, FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15th, 2013.
First place – Best Design: 4 day/3 night all-inclusive trip for 2 to Cancun/Riviera Maya at the Bercelo Maya Beach Hotel courtesy of Apple Vacations (valued at $1,500; Includes all airfare/transfers/food & drink) PLUS $500 in cash!
Second place – Best Design – $250 Hidden Valley Gift Card + Hidden Valley gift bag (Shirts/Hat/Stickers)
Third place – Best Design – $100 Hidden Valley Gift Card + WIL t-shirts and Hidden Valley gift bag (Shirts/Hat/Stickers)
First place – Fastest Sled – $500 cash
Here’s what you need to know about building a sled:
- CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT AN APPLICATION. Applications must be completed by Monday, Feb 11th
- All Riders MUST be at least 7 years or older to participate
- Building Material: Cardboard, Tape, String and Glue. Decorative elements such as paint, flags, and smoke are permitted. Screws, nails and anything metal is not permitted. Gasoline is not permitted on board. No Fire Works- they are too dangerous to be in close proximity to riders.
- Weight: no restriction, BUT, only YOUR Team Members are permitted to push it to the top of the Tubing Hill
- Width restriction: Maximum width of 54”
- Height and Length: no restriction, but keep the width restriction in mind.
- One Run down the hill per sled
- One Sled Entry per Team (no one person can ride more than once)
- No Overnight Camping. Gates/Parking opens at 9:00am.
- If you build a sled with a second story, please have enough space on your main level to accommodate all your riders.
- Participants will need to sign a liability waiver as well as wear a lift ticket. This does not give you access to tubing or skiing after the competition. If you are interested in activities after the sled race, please see $25 Ticket Offer details above or purchase by clicking here.
- The party continues rain or shine.